spots. But what if your skin shows these signs at an early age? It’s time to tighten your belts and look into premature aging skin of yours. Yes, you read it right, premature skin aging! Some signs of premature skin aging are:
- Fine Lines and Wrinkles: Wrinkles on forehead and neck, sharp lines in the eye area are an obvious aging signal.
- Dark Liver Spots: Discolored brown patches on skin often termed as age spots.
- Roughened skin surface: Skin appears rough and hard with leather like texture.
- Pores on skin: When dead skin cells start depositing around the pores they tend to enlarge. Open pores accumulate oil and dirt causing more damage to skin.
A question hovering in your mind might be: what causes premature skin aging? Well, there are a lot of factors that contribute to early skin aging, as early as in your 20s and 30s. Skin Aging depends on two main factors:
- Intrinsic: Related to genes and internal body
- Extrinsic: Related to the environment and surroundings skin is exposed to
Premature skin aging is basically due to external factors. Certain habits or external factors that lead to early skin aging are:
- Overexposure to Sun: Harmful UV rays can hamper the unprotected skin. Put on a suns c reen with a SPF 15 and above to save the skin from damage. Protection from sun is also required on cloudy days.
- Smoking: Researches say cigarette smoke takes away vitamin C from the body leaving the skin dry and wrinkle prone. Even spending time with a smoker is injurious to skin and body as well.
- Exposure to Cold Winds: Winds steal away skin’s moisture. Always dab on a good moisturizer to keep your skin smooth and supple.
- Stress and Facial Expressions: Repetitive face expressions and ‘stress’ frowns overtime cause fine lines and wrinkles as the facial muscles loses elasticity. Keep a continuous check on induced stress levels and go for an anti-aging skin treatment. Use of an anti aging product like Lifecell Cream is a good option as it provides an all-in-one solution and suits all skin types.
- Sleeping positions and lack of sleep: Under eye dark circles, sagging skin and baggy eyes are a result of insufficient sleeping hours. Sleep lines occur to people sleeping on their sides or face pressed down into the pillow. Sleep on your back with upright face and minimum 8 to 9 hours daily.